Imagine Concepts Limited is Nigeria's leading multi-channel solutions provider of Mobile Interactive Communication Services. iConcepts applies its expertise in Mobile Messaging Technologies and its network of relationships with the Nigerian GSM operators, advertising and marketing agencies, media organizations and corporations in different industries to develop innovative marketing, entertainment, business and communication solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Products
- Lead Transformation of product ideas from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of the business.
- Product Strategy: Create and manage a process that drives a scalable product portfolio, product profitability, continuous product improvement/maintenance, product’s compliance to market and a product experience that delights the consumers.
- Leadership/Supervisory Role: Play a supervisory role to key team members handling Product Management, UI/UX designs, Product Analytics and Product Marketing. Ensure that these roles are being executed in the most efficient way possible, leading to the overall efficiency, meeting and exceeding the revenue targets of the Product department.
- Marketing and Evangelism: Play a lead role in marketing the product, sales forecast, and budget planning and achievement. He/She actively supports product exhibitions, makes speeches and presentations at conferences, meetings, and industry events. He/She contributes to the marketing communications plan and sales support collateral (product information document).
- Mode of Operation: Establishes the costing/pricing and commercial model, methodologies and procedures for conducting research, design conceptualization, prototyping, and product development across the entire product department.
- Vision: Responsible for the formulation of the Product department’s vision and also for imparting that vision in every employee in the department.
- Product Training: Responsible for the product training of sales team.
- Talent Development and Management: Engage in the interviewing, recruitment, hiring, and mentoring of key product personnel. He/she is also charged with the creation of an exciting, dynamic, and sustainable work environment that aids talent retention in the department.
- Research and Analysis: The Head handles product gap analysis in an effort to establish product differentiation and execution strategies that will lead to the product’s ultimate success. He/She also conducts researches such as product industry, market trends, competitor analysis etc. This aid informed decision making on product pricing, positioning and issues such as cost, utility, and timelines for product implementations.
Requirements (Qualifications & Experience)
- Deliver PRDs, BRDs and FSDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- The Head Products will also conduct other duties as is deemed necessary for the effective performance of his role or as directed by the business’s stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree with a minimum of 8 Years verifiable experience.
- The ideal candidate must have functioned as Head of Product or its equivalent for at least 3 years in a Technology company.
- The ideal candidate would be a Technology and Digital Enthusiast, who possess a start-up and entrepreneurial mindset
- Possessing a Product Management Certification is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership Skills: He/She must be a visionary, a great leader, supervisor and mentor
- Communication: He/She must possess great oral and written communication and presentation skills. Have the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity.
- Analytical skills: an ability to define and analyze numerous product metrics and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product.
- Strategy: An ability to think strategically and possess a good eye for opportunities.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills: the ability to work independently and in a group setting, being detail orientated; have superior problem solving and organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
- Ability to translate complex Technical Specifications into clear User and Commercial Benefits
- Results oriented individual with a creative mind
- An ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with ease.
- Keep abreast of issues affecting the internet industry and collecting competitor intelligence.’
13th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]