Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auditor, Firm Engagement
Objectives and Scope of the Audit
- Pact West Africa Limited by Guarantee is currently seeking proposals from qualified and reputable firms of chartered Accountants to provide audit services to the Nigeria Country office (C0).
- The Proposed engagement is expected to cover 3 years starting October 2014 and ending September 2017 and request for a tax clearance certificate for the year 2017.
- The objective of the audit of Pact’s financial statements is to enable the auditor to express an independent professional opinion as to whether the financial statements in all material respect present a true and fair view of Pacts state of affairs, in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other relevant regulations in Nigeria.
- The book of accounts provides the basis for preparation of Pacts financial Statements and is established to reflect the financial transactions in respect of the project. Pact maintains adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for transactions relevant for the preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- The audit will be conducted in accordance with the international Auditing standards and will include tests and verification procedures as the auditors deem necessary.
- All funds have been used in accordance with the conditions of relevant financing agreements, with due attention to economy and efficiency, and only for the purposes in which financing was provided.
- Appropriate Supporting documents, records, and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept. Clear linkages exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented.
- The financial statements have been prepared by Pacts management in accordance with applicable accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of Pact and its receipts and expenditures for the period ended on that date.
- Comprehensive assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting and overall internal control system to monitor expenditures and other financial transactions.
- Express an opinion as to the reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
- Include in their reports opinions on compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to error or fraud that are material in the financial statements.
- Upon completion of the audit, the audit firm will be expected to request a tax clearance certificate for the year 2017.
In addition to the audit report, the auditors will prepare a Management letter, in which the auditor will:
- Give comments and observations on the accounting records, procedures, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the audit.
- Report on the degree of compliance for financial covenants in the financing agreement and give comments, if any, on the internal and external matters affecting such compliance.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weaknesses in systems and controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the sustainability of the organization.
- The Auditors upon completion of the audit work will submit 5 (five) original hard copies and a soft copy of the Audit report appended to the financial statements along with the reports to the attention of the Country director.
- Management letter in accordance with the scope of work described above.
- Provide tax clearance certificate for the year 2017.
Interested firms must meet the following Criteria:
- Evidence of Valid practicing License issued by the relevant professional body.
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- The Firms Profile, including professional qualifications of key staff, experience with respect to similar successful previous engagements.
- Audited accounts of the firm for the last three years, i.e., 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Evidence of valid tax clearance certificates for the year 2017
- Demonstrable experience in the audit of an international Non-Governmental Organization (INGO).
Application Closing Date
- The proposal should have a detailed and general background of the firm including a brief assessment of what our needs are and how your firm proposes to meet those needs.
- Details of your firm’s experience in the audit of INGOs.
- Details of the staff who would be assigned to the audit, including partner, manager and any other key staff including years of experience especially in INGO audit.
- Details of your approach to auditing the CO including an outline of the audit plan defining the timeline of the varying facets of the audit engagement.
- Details of your proposed fee for the annual audit and the basis of any additional charges. This should contain information about the hourly rates of all staff involved, anticipated time input of different staff, position of staff and the total number of days/weeks which will be allocated to the audit.
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs) should be provided by the principal of the firm of auditors who would be responsible for signing the opinion, together with the CVs of managers, supervisors and key personnel proposed as part of the audit team. The CVs should include details on audit carried out by the applicable staff, including ongoing assignments indicating capability and capacity to undertake the audit.
- Details of how your firm can add value to the CO in terms of other advice that could be made available to support on relevant issues such as risk, governance and statutory compliance.
27th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume/CV's and Cover Letter on their suitability to: [email protected]
however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV's/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (E.g. Proposal to Provide Annual Audit Services for Pact West Africa).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.