First Excelsia Professional Services - Our client in the Educational Sector, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Managing Director
- The Managing Director will learn the full spectrum of business operations and business methods from the outgoing Managing Director as well as from the extended global team.
- The Managing Director should expect to work as an intrepreneur in Lagos.
- While the Managing Director will have full corporate support and benefit from the lessons learned and processes developed over 9 years from the operations of the company as well as from being in operation in Nigeria for 2 years, this is a role that will require fearless, dogged, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Drive continued market expansion in Nigeria, including managing a team of 600+ staff and growing which is needed to execute in-country strategy and operations
- Work with and leverage team support from the global teams and support offices across the 7 countries we operate in to ensure in-country operations are aligned to global processes and systems
- Refine and execute country strategy to ensure sustainable operations at scale and deliver the maximum learning impact to the children of
- Refine and create highly-structured, insightful processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach alongside the in country senior leadership team, to continue expansion and to support operations at
- Project manage the moving parts of the day to day operation by ensuring each function is operating on time, on budget and on
Application Closing Date
- At least 10 - 15 years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience
- At least one work experience that required highly independent work in an exceedingly challenging environment
- Work experience at top corporations (in emerging markets and the US or UK) balanced by a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and data-driven decision-making, including the ability to flourish in dynamic, ambiguous environments
- Strong business network with senior executives in private business, government and civil society spheres in the specified country
- Prior full time work experience in the specified country
- Prior experience starting a start-up; secondarily, prior experience as an early hire at a start-up who remained with the company through to profitability, acquisition, or
- Work experience in a highly political industry, where ideological conflict is common and strategy, ingenuity, negotiation and persuasion are necessary for
- Ability to manage a very broad scope of work; front office, back office, development, regulatory
- Willingness and comfort working in a Global matrix, willingness to learning and input from the global functional
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and graduate institution.
31st August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]
using the Job Title of the role as the subject of the mail.