RyteGate Technologies provides consulting and information technology advisory services to a wide range of local and international clients. RyteGate is made up of a network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. As a leading professional services firm, we have much to contribute to public policy, business and society throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor/Cost and Contract Manager
: Owerri, Imo
Company Industry: Contract and Commercial Management
Company Type: Constructions
Employer: (Private Sector)
Employment Type: Full Time Employee
Job Purpose Statement
- To manage the costs on a construction project. They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
- This person will be accountable for the commercial and cost management of projects, from inception through to close out.
- The role involves ensuring all operations are carried out to control costs, maximize value, minimize future liabilities and maintain the required standard of quality and safety.
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports
- Establish with the Project Manager the project priorities in respect of quality, time and cost.
- Undertake cost studies as required to enable the Project Team to consider all options in order to proceed with the optimum scheme.
- Consider and advise upon ‘best value’ procurement options and present to The Project Manager for consideration.
- Provide project costs for business case calculations to justify investment in the project.
- Conduct Value Management
- Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit and actively seek to improve processes and procedures
- Have a good understanding of the processes and procedures used by any contractor that we are working within and assist in their development and improvement
- Ensure final accounts are prepared timely and accurately
- Collate actual costs in accordance with the respective work breakdown structure and capture all cost base requirements
- Ensure financial information for audits is collated and cost assurance processes are followed
- Career Level: Mid-Career
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma in Quantity Surveying or any related course.
- Years of Experience: 5 and above
Application Closing Date
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Team working
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team but also able to work on own initiative
- Ability to adapt and challenge
- Confident communicator with all levels of personnel
- Ability to appropriately delegate tasks
- Ability to negotiate.
20th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online