Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Req I D: Req-1461
Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory legal opinions to relevant Company departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of Nigerian legislation, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to company (PHC District) and its Departments via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions.
- Provide legal and contractual support to the company’s asset departments in all matters including in its liaison with co-venturers, as applicable.
- Attend court and liaise with external counsel (and where applicable, COVs legal representatives) with respect to litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution proceedings involving the company and the pre-litigation phases.
- Provide broad based litigation management support including case review, provision of facts for defence, witness identification and preparation.
- Maintain litigation/property and other records, prepare periodic work reports and updates.
- Serve as company representative and provide legal support during negotiations of any kind involving company including MOU negotiations with host communities.
- Provide legal support to contract engineers in the contracts & procurement department in the adaption of existing contract templates and also deal with exceptions and variations to contract terms raised by prospective contractors.
- Prepare and draft agreements /contracts, leases and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally, averagely complex legal dossiers with supervision and participate in negotiations with company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law (LL.B)
- Barrister at Law (B.L.) a Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar
- Not less than 6-8 years cognate legal experience.
Application Closing Date
- Arbitration, Litigation & Dispute resolution.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online