Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Engineer - Service Engineering
Ref Id: 3219842
: Onne - Rivers, Lagos
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer's specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.
- This role will also have additional responsibility for the day to day running of a small team of engineers within the Onne facility.
- This will involve supervising less experienced engineers and helping to develop them through coaching and mentoring.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
- Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.
- Check and approve layout and detail drawings. Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet work schedules and control Engineering team output.Liaise with Onne Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required for operational matters.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) and provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner.
- Prepare and report out on weekly engineering metrics.
- Suggest ongoing improvement developments to enhance team performance.
- Work with direct management to continually develop team members.
- B.Eng Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within the company.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by working with the greater Onne BHGE team.
- Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
Application Closing Date
- Fully proficient with ePIMS database Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:Strong SSPE product line knowledge.
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online