Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilizer Supervisor
- Design the weekly and monthly activities plan for the Health Education programme, in collaboration with the relevant personnel in the programme team
- Liaise with Nutrition, SRH and PHC colleagues to ensure required aspects of their departments are incorporated into the activities
- Lead on the management of IEC materials for the Health Education activities, soliciting materials internally and externally from relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to organize the health education trainings (Health, Immunization, IYCF, ANC, PNC and FP).
- Responsible for Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, GBV, Nutrition and Sexual Reproductive Health, physical abuse.
- Provide the ongoing training to the community mobilisers on the field.
- Organize regular meeting with the community leaders
- Together with MDM other medical staff contribute in the development and designing of the new tools in case of needs
- Ensure that all materials giving are well managed
- Responsible for organizing referral from community to the health facilities
- Assist with the design of the activities for the Health Education Programme, facilitating group workshops, door to door visits etc.
- Recruit the team of Community Mobilisers in line with MDM HR policies
- Manage the schedule of the community Mobilisers and submit the plan for the coming week to the Health Programme Coordinator for approval
- Conduct weekly meeting for all Community Mobilisers ensuring timely feedback from their field activities reaches the senior management
- Follow up and ensure the presence of each community workers on the field
- Ensure that every community mobiliser follow their Job description
- Contribute to manage the misunderstanding between community leaders
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Attend the program weekly meeting
- In case of need attend to the meetings requested by the health program coordinator
- Write the minute of meetings
- Share all issues noticed in the field with the medical supervisors and to the health program coordinator
- Contribute to the weekly and monthly health education data analyze and provide regularly the weekly program report.
Qualification, Experience and Attribute of the Ideal Candidates
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MdM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Adhere to MDM field protocols on security
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- He/she works under the supervision of the Health Program Coordinator.
- The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde - France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
- This job description can be modified according to changes in MDM activities or in the context. It can be amended at any time after mutual consultation, in order to fit the requirements of the programs.
- Made in English in two original copies, one for the employee and one for MDM, in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in related work within an INGO or organization similar setting.
- Ability to work in low resource field environments.
- Good spoken and written English
- Good spoken and written English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Hausa fluent, Kanuri, Fluent
- Flexible working hours Reporting deadlines Operate in low resource environments
- Able to conduct field travel
- Good communicator with proven organizational skills
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team setting
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word, Power Point and Excel.
24th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter explaining why you consider yourself suitable for this position and providing a valid email and telephone contact to: [email protected]
using “Community Mobilizer Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Our process of selection includes some written tests and oral interviews.