Gokada is a technology company focused on changing the face of transportation in Nigeria starting with an on-demand motorcycle taxi service in order to solve some of the country’s most challenging problems in logistics and transportation. We aim to help millions of passengers across the country rethink how they move by providing a safe and affordable engine for smart mobility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Director
Job Type: Full-Time
- The ESG Director is an exciting role with a mandate to further develop and enhance our longstanding commitment to be a responsible corporate institution and build an enduring company. This role will look at positioning the company to meet all necessary ESG criteria(s) and attract impact and non-dilutive financing from foundations, impact funds, and family offices, etc.
- The role will require the successful candidate to drive the company’s ESG strategy across the key criteria that socially conscious investors and partners use to screen potential partners or investments - Environmental criteria consider how a company performs as a steward of nature.
- Social criteria examine how it manages relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, and the communities where it operates.
- Governance criteria deals with a company’s leadership, executive pay, audits, internal controls, and shareholder rights..
- Developing and improving current ESG policies, data collection and reporting at Gokada
- Management of ESG reporting and providing technical ESG assistance and support to relevant teams and Senior Leadership, including coaching and best practice sharing
- Assessing the positive financial impact of ESG initiatives including but not limited to the 100,000 Tree Planting campaign (100x25) with LASPARK
- Supporting external communication to investors and stakeholders on material developments in the company's ESG performance and credentials including Carbon Credit approval, Gender inclusion and Diversity, Communities (impact on Pilot’s spouse and young children) and impact funding secured including grants and non-dilutive/philanthropic capital
- Remaining up to date on ESG trends and developments and translating them into actionable improvements in the company
- Chairing and organizing the agenda for quarterly ESG Committee meetings
- Delivering company's first annual impact report
- Delivering at least US$10m in non-dilutive and philanthropic capital by Q4 2020
Application Closing Date
- The ability to influence and catalyze change to improve ESG performance of companies through the application of exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills
- Experience of ESG strategy development and implementation is an advantage
- ESG reporting, and development of measurement frameworks is an advantage
- Relevant educational qualifications, including a Bachelor's or Master's degree in either finance, economics, environment management or sustainability
- Commercial, creative and pragmatic thinking about improving ESG practices
- The ability to work autonomously with a hands-on approach.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online