Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria's non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager- ESG
Reporting: Head ESG
- Work Closely with Head ESG and provide technical and practical support to the Directors of the various projects.
- Monitor ESG activities within various GSEZ and ARISE projects in Africa.
- Monitor ESG requirements at Corporate level of GSEZ and ARISE.
- Ensure required ESIA preparation and implementation by consultants to IFC performance standards.
- Contribute to the development of the ESG department through innovative ideas and solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the projects to be initiated from the point of view of the ESG aspects and make known the implications and risks.
- Identify the various permits required from government agencies and clarify the sequence of activities required to obtain them.
- Participate in the preparation of the terms of reference for the hiring of subcontractors to carry out the environmental and social studies required for the projects.
- Participate in the final selection of subcontractor firms.
- Supervise and follow the work of the subcontractors, review the reports produced, offer comments and recommendations for the improvement of the deliverables.
- Assist the construction and operation teams of the projects in the implementation of the Environmental and Social Management Plan and in the development of an internal audit structure.
- Assist the construction and operation teams of the projects in the resolution of all environmental and social issues.
- Contribute to meeting the requirements and requests of GSEZ / ARISE financial partners regarding the information required for their internal monitoring and evaluation.
- Participate in the preparation of Corporate ESG Policies, Procedures and Data Acquisition Documents and Projects.
- Participate in local and international conferences events to present case studies emerging from the ESG team's achievements.
- Participate in the production of Corporate Annual Reports on ESG aspects.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum 10-12 Years of working experience preferably in Consulting industry
- Bi-lingual: Candidates with exposure in French and English would be preferred
- Full time Bachelor's degree, Post Graduate Diploma
- Possess good people skills and, leadership qualities and able to work independently.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online