Value Seeds Limited is an indigenous crop seed production solution and development Company incorporated in 2009. The Company is engaged in seed research, multiplication, processing and distribution of hybrids and seeds of improved varieties. We are focused on increasing farmers’ yields, nutrition and livelihood. Our products offerings are two-fold: field crops and vegetables with technology dissemination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Keeper
Location: Zaria, Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Receiving, storing and issuing goods
- Managing the stock levels
- Giving out the supplies from the stock
- Preparing the inventories and maintaining the stock records
- Using computerized systems for entering the records
- Checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders
- Preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc.
- Coordinating the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions
- Finding out sources of supply and is responsible for obtaining quotes from the suppliers as well
- Making sure to get rid of surplus or obsolete stock
- Maintenance of record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
- Overseeing that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement
- Ensuring that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse
- Undertaking the functions of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- Supervising the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
- Ensuring the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking
- Keeping a close eye on the movement of stock from in and out of the warehouse
- Preparing the daily, weekly and monthly reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc.
- Providing the best service needs to the existing as well as the new customers and ensures that each and every customer remains satisfied
- Overseeing the cycle counting programs for the distribution centers as well as the stores
- Developing, maintaining, and adopting the best operational procedures and practices for inventory control
- Finding out discrepancies and determining the root cause for the issue found
- Performing all the procedures and activities concerned with the management of the inventory and generally working under the supervision of Accounts department
- Giving daily, weekly and monthly reports to the President, Vice President amd any other assigned staff
- May perform other related duties as well.
- Must be a B.Sc. or HND holder
- At least 1 year working experience
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2021.