Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Nigeria is an over 10 million Hectoliters' Beer and 3 million Hectoliters' Malt market with Guinness Nigeria Plc controlling about 30% and 35% respectively. Guinness Nigeria Plc is No 2 in the World for Guinness and No 1 for FES in Africa.
The Customer Marketing team contributes to the success of the Guinness Nigeria Plc strategic plan by demonstrating industry leadership, translating trade strategy and brand Game Plans into a world class Commercial plan thereby winning the visibility war at the point of purchase and meeting both trade and consumer needs.
Job Title: National Planning & Activation Manager
Work location: Based at HQ in Lagos
Head office max 60% of time, in trade min 40% of the time
Type of Job: Full Time
Level: Level 4
Reports To: Head of Customer Marketing
- Ensures activity execution elements are realistic with regards to market realities; sales force capacity /capability as well as timing.
- Liaises with the divisions to ensure actual execution is in line with briefing as well as identifying key opportunities for immediate improvement.
- Conducts tracking and post evaluation to ensure efficiency of activity plans
- Develops and provides selling concepts (winning customer proposition) that enables divisional sales teams secure customer support for tactical (divisional) activities
- Guides tactical investment of Below the Line (BTL) Advertisements & Promotions behind Sales & Category drivers to maximize Return on Investment (ROI)
- Provides input to Joint up Business Plan (JUBP) process (category strategy, trade strategy, game plan, sales unit plan etc.)
- Ensures Route To Market principles are consistently applied and fully capable of delivering on activation requirements and intervene where required
- Identifies sound executable Category and Channel trends, shopper/consumer Insights and translates them into tactical activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Graduate calibre in any discipline
- Minimum of 8 years experience in field sales & customer marketing with a minimum of 2 years experience at a senior management level
- Strong financial acumen - for analysis and evaluation
- Ability to differentiate based on market and customer insights
- A good understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and tools
- A good understanding and strong capability to coach others on customer marketing fundamentals, Below The Line (BTL) process as well as the ability to transfer knowledge
- Barriers to Success in Role
- Being out of touch with trade, shopper/consumer and field sales current trends
- Inability to collaborate effectively with the category teams and field sales.
- Inability to generate insights and translate them into specific actions
- Lack of personal integrity.
- Inability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps.
17 May, 2012
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online