is recruiting Interns to work with the Service Center Abuja.
Job Position: Intern Working With The Service Center
Type Of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (Date When The Selected Candidate Is Expected To Start) 01-Aug-2012
Duration Of Initial Contract: Three (3) Months
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Service Centre Manager, the Intern will support the implementation of the UNDP Country Office's sourcing strategy to promote easy access to vendor information.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern is expected to support the work of the Service Centre in the overall effort to enhance procurement in support to UNDP’s programme delivery in Nigeria.
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Service Centre Manager for a period of 3 months and will carry out the following tasks:
Deliverables and Timelines
- Assist in the regular updating of the vendor information in UNDP approved sites.
- Assist in the inputting selected vendor’s information and other data in the VDMS.
- In coordination with the Service Centre Manager compile the list of selected vendors from the EOI for Contract Committees consideration. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Assist in the organization of existing files for easy access to information. Provision of the logistics support to the events.
- Assist in establishing an electronic library in the Service Centre’s share point.
- Other relevant tasks as may be assigned by the Service Centre Manager and other appropriate senior management staff of the Country Office.
- UNDP Country Office VPMS updated with approved vendor data in different area of procurement; (Aug 2012). Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Service Centre vendor contact list updated (Sept. 2012).
- Electronic library share point established (Sept. 2012).
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent organizing and analysis of information skills;
- Good in the use office machines and equipment;
- Ability to work in a competitive environment and with diverse cultures and with minimum supervision.
Interns are selected on a competitive basis.
The following minimum qualifications are required:
Enrolment in a relevant graduate-level degree programme such as business administration, economics or social sciences. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible.
Fluency in English.
Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Conditions of Internship:
Application Closing Date
- Interns are considered gratis personnel.
- They are not staff members.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
- The costs associated must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation, visa etc.
16th July, 2012
How To Apply
Iterested candidates should:
Click here to apply online