Brent Consulting (BRENT) is one of the fastest growing HR consulting and Training companies, committed to designing and delivering practical and professional HR solutions for people in business who wants to be strategic about their approach to People Managements. Our prime role is to assist clients in identifying their needs, developing action plans and facilitating change to enhance the success of their organization.
Brent Consulting (BRENT) is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Windows/Network Engineer
Categories : IT & Internet
Ref Number: WNE 01
Location: Port Harcourt
- Provide support for off-the-shelf, customized or in-house developed applications within SLA time frame.
- Ability to effectively and professional communicate with management, staff, and customers.
- Strong ability to assess complex situations, set priorities, and implement action plans.
- Participate in planning, designing, evaluation and installation of software upgrades.
- Maintain/modify developed applications and corresponding documentation based on the changing user requirements.
- Reporting (developing reports from existing applications based on user requirements).
- Off-the-shelf application testing and drafting /Validating user and maintenance documentation for service delivery teams.
- Provide support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software in accordance with Total’ polices.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relations with coworkers and clients.
- Provides regular feedback on software/application performance, both in general an against specific service levels.
- Ensures security standards and polices are strictly upheld.
- Manages a continuous service availability improvement process through system optimization and exploitation
- Check for System Speed
- Determine time to install, update, upgrade software before release.
- Documentation of all old & new packages.
- Determine compatibility with the Operating system.
- Determine Flexibility of the new package with old one.
- Ensures compliance with TOTAL corporate and local IT policies procedure and architecture and application and integration of new TOTAL corporate initiatives.
- Ensures Service Level Agreement (SLA) is fulfilled satisfactorily.
- Exceeding customer’s expectation in fulfilling Service Level Agreement satisfactorily.
- Fault location, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Testing of round trip response times (weekly).
- Documentation of faults resolution.
- Doing such other things as may from time to time be directed and assigned by our client.
- Weekly reporting as desired by our client.
- Maintain and observe Health, Safety and environment policies and procedures in the course of discharge of your duty.
- Ensure the confidentiality and secrecy of all data under your care and trust in the execution of this project.
Application Closing Date
- A bachelors’ degree in Engineering/Science, with not below Second Class lower grade.
- A Masters Degree with specialization in Computer Engineering/Science will be an added advantage.
- 5-10 Experience in a similar position with ability to motivate and provide leadership to the Engineering team.
- Must have a CCNA/MSCE Certification
- Effectively utilize sales-related information technology applications (PowerPoint, Excel/Word/Access).
20th september, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here and apply online