Resource Intermediaries Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is "easing business burdens", which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Architect
Reporting Line: Head, Projects
Job Type: Full-Time
- Ensure high-end developments from conception to completion, focus on all phases of the design and construction processes, be meticulous in attention to detail, and possess a professional and collaborative demeanor as a team member.
Key Performance Indicators
- Participate in all facets of the development cycle including planning, entitlements, design, permit submittal and review, and construction oversight.
- Responsible for coordinating input from owner regarding site and architectural design.
- Coordinate with outside consultants including civil engineers, landscape architects, soils engineers, MEP engineers, and others in pursuit of completing entitlement applications and building permit submittals.
- Assist in the development of construction documents and will be responsible for obtaining necessary permits and approvals from governing municipality.
- Organize and execute building model coordination meetings with subcontractors and construction team. Meetings will be used to identify clashes and conflicts.
- Review subcontractor submittals.
- Work with the team to create Construction Documents.
- Prepare specifications for trades and bid construction work in conjunction with team.
- Coordinate subcontractors' 3D models.
- Work with the team to schedule construction work and estimate construction work.
- Review and approve contractors' shop drawings to meet document preparation schedules.
- Work directly with subcontractors during the construction process.
- Make changes or adjustments as necessary or desired, including re-drafts, and respond to and document requests for information from the field and/or subcontractors.
- Visit construction site at regular intervals to observe the overall progress and ensure design expectations are being met.
- Maintain project drawing files and archives.
- Apprise Senior Architect and teammates of issues and/or problems on a regular and proactive basis.
- Interface with and present information to internal Optima management/staff requests, as appropriate.
- Ability to manage: Project Management Operations
- Delivery of detailed project implementation plans
- Demonstrate knowledge on project management
- Project Deliverable/Activity forms/Job completion certificates
- Achieve 5% cost savings on project budget and provide evidence of budget monitoring
Key Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related course study required. Licensed architect preferred.
- Aptitude to work both independently and as a team member.
- Prior work experience in construction and/or construction observation/supervision.
- Reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Well-organized, self-reliant and proactive, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate should have a thorough knowledge of building codes and accessibility standards.
- Must have the ability to interpret and apply complex documents affecting real estate projects, including: Entitlement documents, traffic studies, subcontractor agreements, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, and architectural drawings.
- Previous experience on high-rise, multifamily, developer-driven projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with design-build projects is desired.
- Extensive 3D software experience.
- Thorough knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles pertaining to technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, government regulations and building codes.
Application Closing Date
- Construction documents
- Project plan
- Architectural drawings
6th April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here to view more information