Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do-believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services-from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Job Ref: 2016-11
Job type: Full-time
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing project on HIV/AIDS in Zamfara field Office.
- The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.
- The incumbent will also help PI in strengthening its M&E functions based on his/her experiences from the project.
- Maintain an effective M&E system in the state office on thematic area
- Provide technical support and coordination for the implementation of M&E activities in the sites and state office to ensure program targets are met.
- Implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at site and state level
- Ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program.
- Collect, verify and collate monthly reports from the field sites and submit to the State/LGA and PI Country office before stipulated deadlines.
- Supervise and ensure entry of monthly data into the DHIS by LGA/ State M&E team.
- Collaborate with state and local government on all M& E activities
- Coordinate the M&E capacity building of the site staff and program team through mentor-ship.
- Any other assigned duties
- First degree in any Social, Environmental or Natural Science discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 02 years with some international organization
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating of HIV projects
- Experience of field data collection, Knowledge of SPSS /Stata/Epi-Info software
Application Closing Date
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection and management
- Analytical and research skills
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
- Ability to speak the local language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online