Federal Ministry of Science and Technology hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the position of:
Job Title: Registrar/Director - General/Chief Executive Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The Registrar/DG/CEO will be responsible to the Governing Council and will perform the following duties for the achievement of the Mandate of the Institute:
Qualifications and Experience
- Day to day management of the Institute.
- Maintains a Register of Professional Members
- Provision of leadership role in curricular development in SLT; standardization and accreditation of science laboratones in both public and private sectors of the national economy; human capacity development in SLT; and research and development
- Sets strategic goals and subsidiary objectives for the Institute
- Liaise with National and International organizations in all aspects of the Institute’s Mandate.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to him or her from time to time by the Governing Council of the Institute or the Honorable Minister.
Conditions of Service
- The candidate must be a registered and current professional member of the Institute with a minimum of eighteen (18) years post - registration experience.
- He must be a Fellow and possess a minimum of a Master's Degree. Possession of a PhD will be an added advantage. The professional experience must be in the field of science laboratory technology.
- The candidate must show evidence of capacity for high academic and professional work and must be articulate, confident and meticulous.
Application Closing Date
- The conditions of Service are the same as those applicable to similar positions in Federal Government Research Institutes/Agencies, Colleges of Agriculture and Allied Institutions in Nigeria.
24th March, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates (internal and external) should forward their typed applications with fifteen (15) copies of their up - to - date/current Curriculum Vitae to include:
- Present emolument, personal data, and contact address with telephone numbers, etc.
- Education/professional qualification with dates
- Relevant job experience
- List of publications
- Photocopies of relevant credentials and any other relevant information.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Honorable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology,
New Federal Secretariat,
Phase II, Block D, Fourth Floor,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.