Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our Client is a start-up mega drug distribution centre in the pharmaceutical sector located in Anambra State, and is looking to fill the role of the:
Job Title: Managing Director
Reference code: MD001
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide executive leadership to position the company at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Lead the development of a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote the fiscal viability, profitability and growth as a company on a sustainable basis.
- Oversee the company’s operations in its entirety and ensure production efficiency, quality, service excellence and cost-effective management of all company’s resources.
- Lead the development of annual strategic plans, annual business plan/budget and operating plans that supports the strategic objectives set by the board from time to time with a view to achieving the vision and mission of the company.
- Develop and monitor strategies for ensuring the long term financial viability of the company.
- Direct the development of the corporate & competitive strategy of the company and serve as a catalyst for change in the evolving company.
- To work with the Board to ensure that they have information and advice necessary to enable them make informed decisions at all times.
- Lead management in ensuring effective execution discipline which achieves corporate results and ensuring the development/implementation of effective processes, procedures, systems, quality assurance and improvement methodologies at all times.
- Overseeing and ensuring performance of company budgets as well as maintaining approval limits as contained in the corporate governance manual of the company
- Ensuring effective communication of the organisation’s vision, values, purpose, objectives and outcomes to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop appropriate policies and strategies aimed at maximizing the company’s financial performance.
- Develop and implement an effective branding and communications strategy geared towards creating a positive image for the company as well as portraying the company in excellent light before all stakeholders and the public.
- Ensure that the company has the best people at all levels and leading/ inspiring staff with a clear direction in order to achieve the company’s objectives, goals and targets at all times.
- Provide leadership to and work with the Executive Directors to articulate and implement a performance management system which creates and rewards a culture of performance in the company in all key performance areas.
- To actively promote and encourage cross departmental coordination
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in strategic management, planning and execution
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving ability
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and team-work skills
- Ability to persuade and influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to present complex statistical data and financial information, both verbal & written, in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability in the preparation of meaningful and accurate forecasts and budgets
- Demonstrable leadership skills and deep knowledge of corporate governance principles and best practice
- Demonstrable management ability in the areas of production planning and operations management
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the ability to manage a complex workload
Qualifications and Experience
- Results oriented
- Capable of leading team and developing a team of experienced professionals at the most senior levels
- Flexible and committed approach to work and commitment to own professional development
Application Closing Date
- A good first degree in Pharmacy
- An second degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Up to 40 years in age
- Well established manufacturing/production and management experience of not less than 15 years, 5 of which should be at the senior executive level
- Track record in organisation management and leadership at a senior and strategic level
- Proven track record of delivering results in a company of comparable size, scope and complexity
- Success in delivery of operational efficiencies resulting in the improvements to service delivery
- Experience in distribution and management in Nigeria or abroad will be a distinguishing advantage
19th February, 2016.
How to Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes (as an attachment), stating the reference code MD001 as the subject of the email, to: [email protected]
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.