Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our client, a start-up mega drug distribution centre in the pharmaceutical sector located in Anambra State, and is looking to fill the role below:
Job Title: Information Technology Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Application, Hardware and Network Engineers
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulating IT strategies, monitoring and maintenance of all systems, application services and IT automation infrastructure in the company.
- To ensure the deployment of new applications; identification of key business requirements and leadership of the development of IT solutions; and management of the relationships with the business lines and functional departments and developing strong contacts with the various arms of the company.
Key Performance Indicators
- Responsible for recommending and establishing appropriate IT systems and processes for the company and evaluating deployed technology to ensure compatibility and effectiveness.
- Provide direction in addressing a wide range of problems involving network architecture; hardware and software; server administration; wireless networking; and information management.
- Responsible for developing cohesive and homogenous IT structure
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the IT unit
- Responsible for the implementation of the various aspects of the company’s ICT Architecture
- Administration of all ICT infrastructure
- Vendor(s)/service provider management
- Monitor outsourced company IT Processes (if any)
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures for IT acquisition and utilization.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing systems- gateway devices (routers, switches, firewalls and WAN systems) and the server systems (the network server, e-mail server, ISA server and database) for the company
- Responsible for managing the disaster recovery process
- Responsible for managing IT support functions and reviewing/recommending appropriate alternative system options.
- Timelines of responding to queries from all units
- Data management, storage/security
- Efficiency created from use of system.
- Stability of systems.
- Network uptime of 99.9%
- Overall customer satisfaction
- Low rate of ICT policy violations both internal and external
- High rate of compliance with all guidelines and regulatory frameworks
- Smooth and unhindered operational services
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical skills with the ability to address a wide range of problems including: - network architecture; hardware and software; server administration; wireless networking; and information management.
- Demonstrated competence in the management of a wide range of transmission and networking systems
- Strong skills in minimizing ‘down time’ and providing efficient and reliable resources.
- Excellent skills in protecting the security & stability of the company’s IT systems at all times
- Demonstrated experience in streamlining and automating IT tasks such as network monitoring, helpdesk functions, or computer deployment
- Configuration Management, network management, performance management, quality management and risk management.
- System integration
- System security
- Demonstrated competence in most software environments: e.g. Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP Professional, Window Vista, SQL Server 2005,Veritas Backup Exec, Exchange 2003, etc
- Experience in monitoring and managing network using appropriate network administration tools.
- Flexible in managing and responding to on-call responsibilities.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Strong team interaction, support and leadership skills.
- Good project execution and management skills
Experience and Qualifications
- Good leadership qualities
- Proactive decision maker
- Tact and diplomacy
- Multi-tasking and deadline oriented
- Good communicator
Application Closing Date
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of high level cum hands-on experience in an enterprise IT environment dealing with systems distributed over multiple sites
- Possession of at least one of the following professional certifications, MCSE, CCNA/P, CCDA/P, etc. will be an added advantage.
19th February, 2016.
How to Application
Interested candidates should send their resumes (as an attachment), stating the reference code ITMGR008 as the subject of the email, to: [email protected]
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.