Bourbon Interoil - As international leader in marine services, "Bourbon" offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services delivered by 11 000 experienced and competent employees across 45 countries. By joining "Bourbon" you will be "Under the flag of excellence”.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Second Mate
Job Number: 150377
Duties & Responsibilities
The Second Mate assists the Master in vessel operations and has whatever duties delegated to him/her by the Master:
- Carry out watch keeping duties.
- Commitment to safety and company procedures in all tasks.
- Assist the Chief Officer and learn all aspects of his duties with a view to eventual promotion.
- Work under the Master and Chief Mate's supervision.
- Train cadets and deck crew.
- Work on deck as required.
- Keep chart corrections up to date and recorded.
- Assist in mooring and unmooring of vessel in port and at offshore locations.
Line reporting and functional linkage:
Key Skills and Behavior
- This position will report directly to the Master and to the Chief Mate.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints in the event of an emergency.
- Competences in people management at senior level
- Ability to communicate well as part of a small team, and work cooperatively with other colleagues, from multicultural backgrounds
- Reporting , team spirit, commitment skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word Outlook
- Organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
- The Second Mate shall be in possession of a valid II/1, II/2 or II/3 License and STCW endorsement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
In order to allow us to match your profile to suitable position, please be as accurate as possible when answering the questionaire.