Mott MacDonald is a £1.1 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager - Security, Transport & Logistics
Job Ref: 23281BR
Job Category: Corporate Services, Education, Management consultancy, Transport, International development
- Ensure that the strategy and guidelines for security are aligned with corporate policy and professional security advice and implemented strictly according to agreed guidelines
- Ensure high quality security, logistics and technical support services for ESSPIN, TDP, DEEPEN and other MM programmes in Nigeria in accordance with best practice and consistent with MM systems and procedures.
- Provide leadership and line management to the Security and Logistics Section to ensure efficient delivery of service and the exercise of appropriate controls and also over-see the transport functions across Nigeria - driver training, fleet management, vehicle checks etc.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of security policy and procedures in line with MM policy
- Manage the day-to-day approach to security across all CENL MM activity in Nigeria:
- Coordinate and liaise with both the in-country team as well as the SMT in the UK around specific security emergencies
- Ensure that all the security documentation (Security and Evacuation Plans, Security Guidance Notes, MMF100, Visitors spreadsheets etc) is periodically reviewed and updated
- Liaise with DFID, the BHC and other SLPs to ensure a consistent and appropriate approach to security across Nigeria and all who work in Nigeria
- MM Weekly Security update will be the responsibility of this role
- Participate as a member of BST management to contribute as required to the development and strengthening of BST functions
- Ensure that all process maps that fall under Security and Logistics are implemented and that any issues regarding implementation of process maps or need for updating are escalated for discussion within the Business Support Team
- Provide leadership and direction for the Security and Logistics Section to build a strong team culture that ensures efficient delivery of HR services to all clients and supports ongoing professional development
- Implement the MM PDR procedures, ensuring timely completion of meaningful reviews for all staff in Security and Logistics and follow up to ensure that development actions are implemented
- Oversee the deliverables of the Business support team logistics functions (visas, workshops, consultant visits, etc.) to ensure Value for Money (VFM) at all times.
- Ensure all relevant transport/logistics reports and recommendations are received and acted upon promptly.
- Support HR section to ensure completion of mandatory training by all Security and Logistics staff
- Communicate timeously and effectively with line manager, other BST section heads, managers of MM programmes and external parties as required
- Support all measures to ensure cost-effectiveness and value for money both for MM and external clients such as DFID.
Application Closing Date
- Educated to Masters' Degree
- Significant experience working in a security environment.
- Previous experience of security in a developing country context would be a distinct advantage
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Flexible and pro-active approach
- Confident in providing support to team members
- Experience of coaching/developing others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online