Plan International is an independent child-centred international development organisation committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 75 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens' participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organisations, development partner government at all levels and the private sector.
We are recruiting to fill the below position for a Global Affairs Canada funded MCNH project, strengthening Health Outcomes for Women and Children (SHOW) in Sokoto State:
Job Title: Project Finance Manager
Department: Finance and Admin
Report to: Country Finance Manager and National Manager
Duration: 4-5 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide technical leadership in ensuring that all project financial processes and reports are in line with policies of Plan International, donor and Nigeria, including its laws.
- To provide regular and detailed financial analysis report to inform project management decisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Develop and implement financial processes including internal controls for the project.
- Monthly and quarterly financial reports in line with established compliance standards.
- Review of all financial transaction documents including tracking of advances before project commitments and payments are made,
- Review of project budget and contract documentation of vendors amid consultant
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly cash forecasts for the project, including for partners.
- Set up and management of project financial file documentation system in the office, including supporting same for partners.
- Oversees Partner's financial contract process as well as liquidations and reporting in line with donor compliance standards, before further fund advancements.
- Develop and implement a financial capacity building for staff and partners.
- Review all time sheets to ensure they ate properly filled,
- Maintain a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. Expenditure and advise management on variances and corrective actions required to he taken:
- Respond to grants financial queries in liaison with the Country finance Manager (CFM) and the Project Manager.
Application Closing Date
- A Master's Degree in Financial Accounting and related Financial/Business Administration courses. Professional accounting certification will be added advantage.
- At least 5 years practical work experience in managing financial and administrative systems for donor funded projects.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in grant financial management with donor funded project in Nigeria.
- Fulfil Plan's Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
26th February, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their full CV's and a comprehensive Cover letter, setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: [email protected]
- Only application sent electronically by e-mail with the Job title and location clearly indicated as as the subject mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position will require 50% of time spent in the Local Government Areas and communities.