Stanbic IBTC Bank
is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AML/CFT Compliance Officer
Job ID: 16091
Job Sector: Banking
Governance and Assurance: specialist advice about, and oversight of, the processes, laws and regulations governing our business, predominantly for directors, chief executives and executive committees.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorist (AML/CFT) and related legislations.
- Monitoring transactions of customers to determine whether the transactions are in line with the customers’ profile.
- Monitoring of sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) alerts
- Reporting of Suspicious/unusual transaction reports.
- Rendition of AML/CFT returns to the relevant regulatory authorities such as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
- Monitoring of all regulatory AML/CFT returns to ensure that such returns are rendered timely.
- Carrying out of international & local research to keep abreast of current AML/CFT issues.
- Providing advisory support to the branches/business units on know Your Customer (KYC) issues/enquiries.
- Providing timely responses to all request received from regulators/law enforcement agencies relating to KYC/AML/CFT issues.
- Tracking and remedying all KYC/AML/CFT issues identified in both external and internal examinations/inspections within agreed timelines.
- Providing relevant update to management on all KYC/AML/CFT issues.
- Ensuring that all members of staff are trained on KYC/AML/CFT issues.
- Provide assistance on compliance issues arising out of fulfilling AML/CFT obligations.
- Keep abreast with the Stanbic IBTC/Standard Bank AML operations, standards and controls.
- Creation of awareness to members of staff on how to identify suspicious money laundering or terrorist financing activity and further assist in the reporting or investigation of suspicious and unusual transactions when required.
- Assist with the review of developed training material pertaining to AML/ CFT.
- Providing advice, support and guidance to both Business and Heads of Compliance in AML/CFT matters.
- Attend to relevant projects or reviews and give input and perform allocated tasks in terms of all projects concerning AML/CFT.
- Work with Group Sanctions desk & Financial Crime Control (FCC) to identify any gaps or areas of weakness that could be exploited for Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing purposes.
- Suspicious transaction monitoring tools to detect irregular transactions systematically.
- Assist in providing AML/ CFT support to Operational areas to ensure effective implementation of controls and processes.
- Assist in compliance measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (including, where necessary, timeframes and responsibilities).
Key Performance Measures:
Internal & External Relationships
- Evaluate AML/CFT risks attached to Stanbic IBTC Bank activities.
- Identify deficiencies in AML/CFT control measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (timeframes and responsibilities) with the management of the affected area.
- Ensure the reputational risk of Stanbic IBTC Bank and that of its subsidiaries is considered at all times.
- Co-ordinate and provide input into all AML/CFT initiatives.
- Contribute to the AML/CFT framework.
- Ensure necessary development and retention of AML/CFT related documentation/procedures/policies/manuals.
- Assist and advice on the process to identify and monitor PEP’s and other targeted high-risk persons and entities.
- Actively promote, on an ongoing basis, the culture of compliance to Business to ensure that Compliance and the AML/CFT visibility is improved.
- Understand the impact of non-delivery or substandard performance.
- Be meticulous in administration and record keeping.
- Develop relationships with key business, operational, internal audit & IT staff within the various businesses
- Build relationships & provide AML/CFT guidance to the wider business team
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Build relationships with regulators and law enforcement agencies
- B.Sc or any other degree qualification
- 2 years Banking experience
Application Closing Date
- Thinking, problem solving, innovation.
- Analytical skills.
- Decision making.
- Generates focused practical solutions.
- Demonstrates sound judgement.
28th March, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online