JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rigger (Level 3-OPITO Certified)
Key Aims and Objectives
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Safety of all personnel.
- Manages the planning, lifting and moving of load in accordance with projects specifications and HSEQ
- Manages and coordinates the deployment and activities of rigging personnel and equipment within an assigned project or area of work.
- To ensure successful Planning, prepare for lifting and movement of load
- Ensure all work activities are undertaken in compliance with HSEQ manual, Safe Work Practices, Project Specifications, and relevant Codes and Standards
- To take account of the relevant worksite operational requirements Ensure efficient and effective delivery in accordance with Project Schedules
- Identify potential hazards associated with the lifting operation and implement control measures to address the identified hazards
- Ensure the load is accurately assessed for approximate weight, incorporating an adequate safety factor
- Obtain and position the lifting equipment and lifting accessories as detailed in the lifting plan.
- Move loads where there are obstructions restricting the direct path of the load such as over, under or around pipework)
- Communicate, discuss and ensure understanding of the prepared lifting plan and risk assessment with the lifting team
- Ensure the lifting equipment and lifting accessories are always free of obvious defects, and certification is current
- Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Determine the Centre of gravity of a load that has an offset Centre of gravity
- Install and position the lifting equipment for balanced weight distribution
- Attach the lifting accessories to the load using industry best practice
- Complete all work scope in accordance with work pack/job cards, instructions associated procedures and drawings
- Raise applicable permit to work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in controlled an safe manner
- Train and developed subordinates
Application Closing Date
- Minimum 7 - 10-year relevant experience in rigging and lifting operations in an oil/gas environment
- OPITO Level
- Accredited Assessor Qualification
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
- LOLER Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- LOLER Appointed person
- Banksman/Slinger Certificate
- Good professional relationship with technical Training bodies will be an advantage
- Good team player with a pro-active and flexible attitude, and able to work in a challenging environment, with good leadership skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online