The Oyo State Board of Internal Revenue is a State Revenue Agency that derives its existence from the Personal Income Tax Act Law of the Federation 2004, which stipulates the establishment of the "The Board of Internal Revenue" by all the States of the Federation.
The Oyo State Edict of 1996 established the Board to carry out the functions of assessing, collecting and accounting for taxes, levies and fees with the additional responsibility of tax policy formation for the state.
In keeping with the mandate for the OYIRS, the Oyo State Government is seeking individuals with common dedication who are high-achieving, highly dynamic and innovative with proven target driven orientation to fill the position below in the newly established OYIRS:
Job Title: Executive Chairman, Board of Internal Revenue
- The successful candidate shall be the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of the recently restructured and autonomous Oyo State Internal Revenue Service (OYIRS).
- He shall be responsible for the execution of tax policies of Government of oyo State and the day today administration of OYIRS and hold office on such Terms as and condition as specified in Oyo State Revenue Administration Law.
- Put in place systems and procedure that ensure collection of maximum revenue due to Oyo State Government under extant State and Federal Revenue laws at least cost.
The Chairman as the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of OYIRS shall:
- Keep proper accounting records in accordance with standard accounting practice and financial regulations of the state in respect of:
- All revenues and expenditure of OYIRS
- All its assets, liabilities and other financial transactions and
- All other revenues collected by OYIRS including income on investment
- Prepare an annual report, including financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practice
- Ensure that accounting records of OYIRS are adequate , in line with financial regulations and prepared by qualified personnel, who must be a member of a recognised professional body.
- The candidate must be highly experienced in Public Sector with emphasis in Revenue Administration; 10 years of which must be at Senior Management level responsible for policy formulations, development of systems and processes, implementation of same, and general managerial functions.
- The candidate must be highly skilled in managing relationships with the three arms of Government, Tax Paying public, multi-lateral and bi-lateral Organisations;
- The job requires leading a team of highly motivated and result oriented individuals as such he must be able to provide the right leadership and be proactive with sound knowledge of the Nigerian and Oyo State Tax System, Economic, Social and Political environment.
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Statistics, or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field Or
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Statistics, or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field.
Membership in any of the following:
- Accountancy bodies or their recognized equivalents
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA) U.K or
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
Application Closing Date
- 15 years, and 10 years of this experience must have been in an Executive, Managerial, and Administrative capacity and served on Board of relevant Organisation or Agency
- Age: Not Above 55 years.
31st January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of their CV's, along with a cover letter to: [email protected]
and stating the position applied for in CAPITAL letters in the subject of the email.