FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Job ID: 18400
- Under the direction of the State Team Lead in coordination with the AD Finance & Operations in Abuja Country office, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the state office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient management of office operations, including arranging for office utilities and services, maintenance and repair of equipment, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Prepare monthly reporting/ budgets data entry into excel spreadsheets and automated MIS reports and disseminate information to country office.
- Assists in arranging travel logistics for state office staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Under the guidance of the Contracts & Procurement Manager, supports procurement functions, as needed, for obtaining quotes, conducting vendor verifications, preparing procurement documentation, and others as required.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, development and printing of photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the zonal office.
- Assists in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assists in the maintenance and efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and financial support services for the state office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Support finance and Operations Manager with the Imprest, including vouchers and backup documentation.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in Accounting related to NGO5 and community level programs, with
- Increasing responsibility.
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills
- Sound accounting skills
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Typing skills.
Very competitive compensation package.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FHI 360 is an Equal opportunity employer
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.