Hobark International Limited, is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
- Will be responsible for a variety of warehousing and laydown storage duties that require an ability to create and implement a storage and distribution strategy, plan and software system to suit his company and client’s needs.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Will perform storing, stacking or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods in a variety of strategic locations
- To direct and manage the entire warehousing operations for effective and efficient turnaround time on materials inbound and delivery safely.
- Operates warehouses, or other, in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly and safe workspace and limit access to controlled storage areas to authorized personnel only
- Issue stock from controlled storage areas for consumption or shipment, which may include applying appropriate packaging to safeguard the item from damage during transit.
- Perform their duties utilizing proper authorizing documents, established schedules, or appropriate work orders. Warehouse specialist receives or issues items based upon manual or system generated documents, schedules, reports or verbal requests from supervision or the Program Manager, per established procedure.
- Receive; inspect; assign locations; stock; issue; conduct and report physical inventories; re-locate stock to make room for new items.
- Package items for shipment or protection; process discrepant, surplus, or scrap items per established procedure; deliver to or from storage areas; perform logistics task related to work orders, including furniture rearrangement and moving exercises
- Maintaining critical parts in conjunction with Company Maintenance Department
- To inspect and receive items into the warehouse or other controlled storage area following established procedure and utilizing appropriate logistics tools and system
- Operate all types of material handling equipment
- Select appropriate carrier for shipments, both international and domestic and complete appreciate documentation to initiate and or complete shipments
- Maintain shelf life items according to expiration dates.
- Verifying materials against receiving documents
- Noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages
- Routing materials to prescribed storage locations
- A Degree in Social Sciences discipline or equivalent complemented with membership and training in the domain of Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management.
- A Sound working knowledge of warehousing management and ability to lead quality control, stock taking/audits and reviews.
- Minimum 12 years experience in Warehousing Management in the Oil & Gas, fabrication, shipyard or related industry
- The incumbent should have working experience in warehouse control procedures and software skill to achieve turnaround time on material inbound and delivery.
- Good team player with a pro-active and flexible attitude, and able to work in a challenging environment, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate at professional level and thus draw together the best information into a good warehouse standard
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good PC skills in MS Windows, Excel, MS Office and MS PowerPoint, electric timecard or other electronic data recording systems as appropriate
- Must be physically strong and able to perform lifting of objects and build pallets or boxes for storage or shipping purposes.
- Mature person with cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a metric driven organization.
Application Closing Date
- Engineering, EPC, Logistics, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online