has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects.
Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
WorleyParsons extensive experience ensures that we provide project solutions with the lowest total lifecycle cost while meeting each customer’s specific requirements.
Our services go beyond new developments, to supporting operating assets through delivering brownfields projects which maintain asset integrity and improve business performance. By treating asset services as a specific business stream, WorleyParsons provides systems and work processes to deliver these projects effectively.
Job Title: Construction Manager, Principal
Ref No: 31804
Advertising Categor: Construction/Completions
Location: Lagos,Port-Harcourt, RI NG
Safely and efficiently deliver the construction and precommissioning/completions scope of allocated projects to ensure completion in accordance with agreed key project success criteria, design specifications schedule and budget
- Deliver the construction/completions phase of a project safely
- Responsible for ensuring construction personnel health and safety and safe working practices are implemented and a full understanding of and compliance with HSE procedures is achieved.
- Lead and actively involve in the establishment and maintenance of appropriate site safety behaviours and culture
- Ensure appropriate measures are taken to construct the project with minimum harm to the environment
- Provide site safety related constructability input to the design to ensure final design is constructable with minimum safety risk during construction.
- Provide input to, review, validate and take ownership of the project Construction/Field/offshore execution plans
- Implement the project construction execution plans
- Select, lead, motivate and manage the site construction management teams.
- Provide input to and review the constructability of the design.
- Communicate and liaise with the Engineering Manager on the progress and status of Engineering for each Facility inclusive of priority of design deliverables and sequence of events.
- Communicate and liaise with the Procurement and Contracts Managers on the progress and status of Contract commitments Letting and Procurement, expediting and delivery of contracting packages, vendor equipment and bulk materials.
- Provide input to and review the Construction Contracting Strategy proposed and implemented for the Project.
- Provide input to and review the high level and detailed Construction schedules and ensure contractors schedules are validated and meet the requirements of the overall project schedule
- Validate that procured items are being expedited in a timely manner to meet the Project Construction Schedule ROS date requirements.
- Monitor construction progress, and in particular the critical path, in conjunction with the both Clint and Company Project Controls and Business Managers, so that actual and potential schedule slippage can be identified early monitored, mitigating actions implemented and the effects minimised.
- Review the overall construction direct labour by discipline and staffing resources to ensure that adequate facilities are provided by the contractors to fully service the site requirements.
- Review the sequencing of activities, co-ordination procedures and systems, and the construction strategy proposed and implemented for the project.
- Act as a “point of contact” between the Contractors and the existing operating Facilities to ensure minimal disruption to both Operations and Construction activities.
- Review and overview the procedure for tag outs, outages and tie-ins to maximise existing productivity, minimise safety risks and integrate with the Project Schedule.
- Overview pre-commissioning undertaken by Contractors prior to handover to the Commissioning Manager.
- Overview defect identification and rectification throughout the construction and pre-commissioning process, and then after handover in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
- Provide input to and develop Industrial Relations strategies and issues with other project team members.
- Manage site industrial relations to ensure the risk to achieving a successful project outcome is minimised
- Ensure all environmental guidelines and requirements are met by contractors.
- Monitor and overview the Quality Control procedures implemented by Contractors / Consultants on the project both on site and off site fabrication facilities.
- Review the work methods, access and security requirements proposed by the Contractors and promote improvements.
- Monitor housekeeping standards maintained by the Construction Contractors on the site.
- Attend Contractor Meetings, Safety Meetings, Owner Project Team Meetings and other meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain a system to manage “Requests for Information” and “Technical Queries” raised between Site and the Engineering Office to ensure the flow of information is controlled, recorded and time frames are met.
- Manage (and minimise) change in accordance with established MOC processes, review/validate contractor claims etc. and ensure all cost and schedule impacts of changes are communicated to key stakeholders and captured in cost and schedule forecasts
- Review Contractors’ requirements for temporary facilities, site services, laydown areas etc. in respect of timing, size and cost and ensure they are adequate to meet the requirements for efficient construction
- Monitor the Scope of Work to ensure that changes are monitored and managed. Provide input when necessary to assist with the evaluation of Contractor claims and variations in conjunction with the Procurement and Contracts Managers.
- Provide the required information for inclusion in Owner’s project reports.
- Engineering/ Construction tertiary qualifications
- Significant experience (typically greater than 10 years) in managing safe, on time, on budget delivery (construction and completions) by subcontractors of multi-discipline On and Offshore Oil and Gas Fabrication, Construction and Installation (including platform jackets and topsides, subsea pipelines) with capital value of USD 1B million or greater.
- Self motivated with demonstrated communication, team building and contractor relationship skills.
- Project/ Construction management qualifications desirable but not mandatory. Ability to communicate clearly at all levels, set priorities, establish objectives and milestones, estimate times and schedule activities, identify and allocate resources, use site/construction/project management tools.
- Commercial acumen and contracts management skills.
- Industrial relations experience
- Experience in working in developing countries with people from multicultural backgrounds
- Experience in working in an integrated team environment with the Client
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2013
Method of Application
Intersted and Qualiified Candidates Should
Click Here To Apply