Federal College of Education Pankshin, Plateau State - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
The College Librarian, a Principal Officer of the College, shall be responsible to the Provost for the good management of the College Library and other library services in the College.
Qualification(s) and Experience
Salaries and Condition of Services
- Candidates should possess at least good Honours Degree with a minimum of Second Class and a Masters Degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science of related field from a recognized University and must have at least seventeen (17) years post qualification experience in reputable and comparable institutions or research institutions.
- Possession of relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate academic excellence in quality publications, teaching and research, and credible community service.
- He/she must be computer literate and show evidence of considerable scholarship and understanding of application of new technologies to library operations.
- He/she must be a person with leadership qualities, high integrity and unquestionable character and an outstanding manager of men and resources.
Application Closing Date
- Salaries and condition of Services for appointment of College Librarians in Nigerian Federal Colleges of Education, as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
- Candidate must not be over 60 years of age on assumption of office.
19th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit an application with fifteen (15) copies of their Curriculum Vitae and 3 Referees report, one of whom must be applicant’s employer(s), giving the following Information as listed to:
- Full Name
- Mobile phone number
- E-mail address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic honours and membership of professional bodies
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capabilities)
- Societal linkages
- Report of medical fitness (from a Government hospital)
All applications should be forwarded to:
Federal College of Education,
All applications must reach the Registrar/Secretary to Council on or before closing date