The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Research Supervisor (Virus Indexing)
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout virus indexing of yam and cassava plants using PCR;
- Carryout virus indexing of yam and cassava plants by next generation sequencing method;
- Participate in sample preparation (small RNA extraction and library preparation)
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Pathology, Biochemistry or other related field with at least Three (3) years relevant experience
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have experience in in vitro plant tissue culture.
- Have experience with basic procedure and techniques in chemical and culture media.
Application Closing Date
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
21st July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant's current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates.