The Terre des Hommes International Federation is a network of ten national organisations working for the rights of children and to promote equitable development without racial, religious, political, cultural or gender-based discrimination.
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Start date of post: Early August
Duration: 6 month (CDM)
- In line with the 2017 Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview for Nigeria, more than 8 Millions of people require humanitarian assistance, especially located in the Northeastern part of Nigeria, Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe. Tdh, present in the South West of Nigeria since 2009 through child protection activities decided to launch an analysis of the situation, with a specific focus on Child Protection, Health and WASH, in the aim to extend its activities to participate to the humanitarian response in the Northeastern part to support the populations affected by the drought, famine and insurgency.
- The Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and development of activities implemented in Nigeria.
- He/She ensures the monitoring of qualitative and operational aspects of the delegation’s programs Nigeria on a day-to-day basis.
- He/She guarantees the smooth functioning of the bases.
- Participating in defining and ensuring programs are established and monitered properley in his/ her operation area.
- Coordinating the monitoring & evaluation / ensuring quality protocol is implemented in his/ her operation area
- Ensuring the technical monitoring of the mission in his/her operation area
- Supervising local and international program teams in his/ her operation area
- Ensuring the logistical and administrative monitoring for his /her operation area
- Ensuring the circulation of information and the representation of Tdh in his/her operation area
- Participating to the supervision and development of the mission in his/her operation area
- Participating in the definition of and the revision of operational strategy
Child Safeguarding Policy
- Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Nigeria.
- Insures, in coordination with the Logistician and with the support of the Country Representative, that Tdh inpats and expats are aware of Tdh security procedures and follow them.
- To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- To commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies in Nigeria.
- To commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- knowledge of child protection
- knowledge of emergency and development contexts
- Fluency in project proposal writing as well as reporting using PCM terminology
- Good expertise in monitoring and evaluation
- Management of complex emergency and development projects (local and expat teams)
- Excellent team leadership; organisational and managerial skills
- Experience of major institutional donors (UNICEF; SwS; DDC; AFD)
- Knowledge of fund accounting; procurement and financial management of key donor agencies
- Experience undertaking field assessments; exploratory missions; baseline and endline survey...
- Experience in developing strategies as well as local partnerships
- Knowlegde of child protection and juvenile justice
- Excellent interpersonnal skills (incl. communication and representation)
- Commitment to excellence; attention to detail
- Mature and autonomous
- Flexible; solution-oriented and with a good sense of humour
Application Closing Date
- We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Ongoing until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile. Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter.
- If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: [email protected]
- Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.