The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bilingual Secretary
: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Administration & Finance
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Supervisor: Administration & Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the Supervisor’s schedule: receive and welcome visitors; organise and manage appointments; keep the Supervisor’s timetable; make telephone calls; verify in-coming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond; manage the Director’s diary and schedule;
- Administrative management: organise meetings; receive, draft, type and make follow-up on administrative letters; meeting room bookings; provide supplies to the office;
- Management of mail: create a recording system of in-coming and out-going mails; ensure archiving and filing of documents; manage documents (in-coming and out-going, filing of letters); ensure follow-up on documents submitted to the Director for signature;
- Undertake any other duty assigned by the superiors.
- Vocational Training/Diploma or equivalent in Secretarial work or Administration;
- At least 6 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent command of computer applications: MS-Office (Windows, Word, Excel, Internet);
- Document and database management skills;
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- able to work under pressure in a multicultural environment;
- organised and high sense of responsibility and relations;
- Fluency (written and oral) in two of the official languages of ECOWAS: French, English and Portuguese. A working knowledge of a third ECOWAS language would be an advantage
- The officer should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment
USD USD 19,388 - USD 25,781.
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form" below, fill the form and send it as an e-mail attachment along with their CV's to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word Format)
: Locally-recruited Post ; candidates to this position should be legally resident in the Member State where the duty post is located, at the time of application.