At Air Peace Limited
, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment.
We are looking for people to join our ever growing team. We require talent who are as excited as we are to help build a world class Airline flying out of Africa, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Vehicle Fleet Coordinator
Reports to: Human Resources
- The Vehicle Fleet Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring APL’S vehicle fleet is managed and maintained in such a manner as to support operations inthe most efficient way possible.
- Ensuring effective and timely maintenance, servicing and repair of APL vehicles in order to minimise down time.
- Developing, implementing and enforcing vehicle management best practices, policies and procedures.
- Delivery of training to APL drivers in order to strengthen capacity to conduct maintenance and repairs of vehicles Principal Responsibilities.
- Coordinate, administer and monitor the maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of company vehicles.
- Make and advise recommendations to Human Resources Department, through the Head of Departments, on training, annual leave or off-days, scheduling, reprimanding, hiring, and termination of recalcitrant employees
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs are carried out as per schedule and monitor post repair performance.
- Supervise and if necessary undertake the timely repair and servicing of damaged vehicles in order to minimise downtime
- Manage the inventory of spares parts for vehicles, in coordination with the Chief Driver, in order to ensure an adequate supply of spares
- Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacement, including type of vehicles, spares etc. in order to improve cost-efficiency
- Control transfer and movement of vehicles between project locations as required by operations
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle-operating expenses and reduce idle time of vehicles
- Ensure all vehicle operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within field operations
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to disciplinary procedures and drivers’ orientation program
- Regularly review and update vehicle fleet related policies at least once a year.
- Maintain vehicle workshop in order to provide timely servicing/repairing of vehicles
Application Closing Date
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Safety management
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Excellent Creativity & Innovative skills
- High level of personal credibility
- Result oriented
- OND minimum Qualification
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in similar position with a logistic company.
14th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter with Resume via email to: [email protected]