Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Cash Officers are based in Yobe state and directly reports to the Food Security and Livelihood Deputy Project Manager.
- The position involves participating in the implementation of Cash Based Transfer (CBT) activities within the assigned LGA under the DFID funded Integrated Basic Nutrition Response project.
- Undertake CBT interventions at assigned local government area.
- Collect information and data on Social Protection at LGA level through surveys, assessments, regular post distribution monitoring, price monitoring and field supervision visits of beneficiary households.
- Mobilization and awareness raising on the mission's program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA and state levels when required.
- Provide bi-weekly reports.
The successful candidate will;
Application Closing Date
- A bachelor's degree or HND in FSL related studies with previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Be committed to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Previous experience managing FSL interventions (i.e. cash based transfer, IGA, agriculture/livelihoods).
- Experience in implementing programming on behalf of donor funded activities.
- Fluency in Hausa and other local languages (Fulani and Kanuri).
22nd May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date, once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply