Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The Logistics Officer is responsible at the Maiduguri office Logistics Department and staff and undertaking all Logistics related activities such as procurement, import and clearance, transportation, fleet management and storage.
- The position requires a thorough understanding of the NCA Logistics Procedures and Policies as contained in donor policies, the NCA Nigeria Management Manual, the NCA Routines, Guidelines, and other documents of instruction that may be given from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Responsible for ensuring all Logistics activities undertaken by the Nigeria Logistics Department conform to NCA Logistics Procedures and Policies as contained in donor policies, the NCA Nigeria Management Manual, the NCA Routines and Guidelines and other documents of instruction that may be given from time to time.
- Responsible for the procurement of all items and goods sourced through the NCA Nigeria Country Office for NCA Nigeria programmes.
- Ensure NCA Nigeria procedures and systems are correctly implemented in based location with regards to supply-chain management, procurement, warehousing, fleet management and asset inventory management as required.
- Responsible for obtaining various approvals, exemptions, clearances and permits required for imported items and goods.
- Responsible for arranging servicing and or repairs of various programme assets as required, including, but not limited to, vehicles, generators, office equipment, etc.
- Monitor and manage location based vehicles and ensure that established procedures, rules and regulations concerning the use of vehicles are adhered to.
- Supervise the vehicle utilization and maintenance and ensure vehicles are maintained in accordance with the principles of preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for obtaining and or renewing vehicle insurance for all NCA based Programme fleet vehicles.
- Responsible for arranging transportation of all items and goods to the various NCA field locations for Programmes.
- In co-ordination with the admin, and Staff House cleaners, arrange maintenance of the NCA office and Staff House compounds as required.
- Ensure accurate and up to date records and reporting systems are maintained including, but not limited to, procurement, warehouse management, commodity tracking systems, transportation, fleet maintenance, fuel consumption, asset inventory.
- Ensure periodical reports are prepared and distributed as required.
- To provide mentoring, training and support as required to personnel within NCA Nigeria Programmes including partner agencies.
- Attend various Logistics related meetings in based locations as required.
- When required, drive NCA vehicles for the purpose of carrying out his/her duties, including for non-logistics related tasks when necessary.
- Carry out staff appraisals of personnel under his/her supervision as required.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement or related field
- Two years and above experience in similar position or related
- Flexible and willing to work in rural communities especially field based
- Supervisory experience.
- Fluency in English, and any local language
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- Computer literate especially micro soft work, excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay in remote areas as required.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
Or [email protected]
All Applications should be addressed to:
The Recruitment Team,
Norwegian Church Aid,
12 Cemetery Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- Please include two referees in your applications with detailed contacts, of which one must be a recent supervisor from your former/current organization/institution
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and positions may be filled before closing date.