Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Product, Delivery Technology
: Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya, New York City, USA
About the Role
- Are you interested in shaping how distributed engineering teams operate? We’re looking for an amazing product leader to come help us build technology solutions for the future of distributed work.
- You will develop a short and long term product roadmap for Delivery Technology at Andela, encompassing Andela’s Partner-facing platforms as well as tools that support Andela’s business operations.
- The roadmap will be informed by industry knowledge, stakeholder research, and Andela’s business goals.
- You will need to evaluate and prioritize these options with Technology leadership and through thorough collaboration with key stakeholders across the entire organization.
- You’ll be responsible for communicating these priorities to senior leadership on a regular basis, and delivering against these committed timelines.
- Work with the VP of Tech Product and CTO of Andela to shape and drive the product vision for externally-facing and operational technology at Andela
- Help effectively communicate that vision and our progress towards it to the entire company
- Engaging deeply with Andela’s Partner customers---global companies who work with Andela’s developers to further their own goals---to understand their pain points in working with distributed teams and executing Go-to-Market strategies to ensure that they get the value out of solutions we deliver to them
- Ensure that product managers thoroughly understand the business units they are supporting and that they are driving product feature implementations that meet the needs of those business units as rapidly as possible
- Ensure that for each product decision, Andela is conducting a thorough review of the market and identifying potential products to buy that will help us implement a solution faster.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to ensure proper support for implementing or building our technology solutions.
- Work closely with the Director of Product, Learning Tech to ensure that we are taking a long term view of each product and how it fits into the Andela ecosystem
- Report on all department level KPIs and status on a weekly basis
- Manage the team and oversee the operational performance of the department.
- Build strong relationships with Country Directors, VPs, and C level execs to ensure that Product is seen as a collaborative department interested in their success.
- 7+ years of experience in B2B/SaaS Product Management
- 4+ years in direct line management and managing and reporting on operational KPIs
- Extremely comfortable in the language of data analysis, and using data to drive decision making
- A track record of developing feedback loops between users and Product Managers, and utilizing research to improve user experience and business metrics
- Well-versed in core concepts related to UI/UX, including direct experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wire-framing, prototyping, developing user feedback loops etc.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to be self-sufficient and find creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a broad range of audiences particularly in a distributed environment
- Proven ability to manage to inspire teams to meet business commitments
- Passion for developing the next generation of technology leadership
- Strong creative, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in multiple countries and/or with international organizations
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis between Andela’s global offices
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family.
Benefits & Compensation
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Application Closing Date
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online