Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Subsea Systems Engineer
Ref Id: 103262BR
Skillpool: Project Services
Roles & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Deliver the Subsea Systems scope for a large and complex deepwater project, and support field installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the subsea infrastructure in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Lead the project subsea systems engineering activities during tendering, detail design, fabrication, testing, installation, and support the offshore commissioning.
- Lead the integration of the subsea systems design, managing interface with other disciplines such as subsurface, wells, Operations and the Host system.
- Address subsea systems related queries and technical clarification questions from vendors, support the development of technical evaluation criteria and the technical evaluation of the bids.
- Maintain stewardship of the design basis and requirements and ownership of the seabed architecture.
- Drive the development and deployment of systems engineering tools and processes for the Subsea Umbilicals, Risers and Flowline (SURF) scope.
- Support the execution of safe, timely, and cost-effective integration testing, installation, and commissioning of SURF equipment, and coordination of technical and logistical interface issues between disciplines and Contractors.
- Ensure that all deliverables as defined in the project controls and assurance plan are completed successfully.
- Co-ordinate the identification, maturation and deployment of new technologies and innovations within the SURF scope.
- Provide subsea systems engineering inputs in technical reviews and change proposals to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Co-ordinate the Management of Change (MOC) process for the SURF scope.
- Co-ordinate project lessons learned workshops and after-action reviews to catalogue all lessons learned for lateral application on other projects.
- Provide technical mentoring & coaching of less experienced staff.
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Company’s guidelines and policies.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and technical authorities to deliver quality and seamless service as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to HSSE and show leadership that fosters appropriate behavior while ensuring compliance with HSSE rules and policies, including proactive hazard identification and mitigation. Support Company and Contractor staff to demonstrate appropriate HSSE behavior in delivery of their work.
- Provide authentic and visible leadership in the areas of diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, and cost leadership.
- The Principal Subsea Systems Engineer shall have minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 12 years experience in upstream Exploration & Production (EP) projects with emphasis on Design and Execution of Subsea systems in deep water environment.
- At least 10 years experience directly related to Subsea Systems Engineering.
He/She shall meet the following requirements;
Application Closing Date
- A COREN registered or registerable engineer
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of deepwater subsea & pipelines design, fabrication, installation and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater project involving subsea infrastructure design and installation.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Values and is open to listening to stakeholder perspectives, including experience managing multiple stakeholders, and host government agencies.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership.
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in driving and managing change on a project.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and multiple cultures, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
- Able to identify opportunities for optimizing SURF systems designs, reducing operating costs and proposing technically robust solutions to deliver value.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
22nd March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.