Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Systems Engineer on our Server and Networking team in Lagos, Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Engineer, Service Delivery
Job ID: R90137
Job Family: Engineering Professional - Services
- Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees.
- We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Deployment Engineer on our Infrastructure Deployment Services team in Lagos.
- Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our IT Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements.
- We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
- To work within the Dell IDS team (Infrastructure Deployment Services) providing hands on skills in the implementation of key infrastructure and supporting technologies on Dell enterprise customer sites.
- This role require hands on deployment of infrastructure, but also the ability to meet and consult with customer’s to facilitate the deployment of the solution to meet the customer’s needs.
- This however is not a pure consulting role, and should be viewed as a customer onsite deployment role.
- The following is a list of critical attributes that must be demonstrated by the candidate:
- Experience of deploying and configuring Dell Storage solutions such as: SC Compellent or MD Power Vault
- Experience of deploying and configuring Dell hardware such as: Dell PowerEdge Rack Servers or Dell Blade Servers and M Series Chassis
- Dell Certified Professional - SC Series Storage Or Dell EMC Proven Professional exam
- VCP certification 5x or 6x in Datacenter Or
- MCSA certification Server or MCSE private cloud
- Ability to be self-sufficient with good problem solving skills
- Previous experience of deploying Dell Storage and VMware solutions on customer premises
- Low level consultancy skills - Meeting customers and gathering functional requirements to enable the creation of design and configuration documentation.
- Working as part of a team
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and apply best practice
- VxRail skilled or qualified
- Knowledge of the following backup Technologies
- Networking skills layer 2 / Layer3 basic skills
- Nutanix deployment experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.