Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CSOs Capacity Development Expert - West Africa
- We have been implementing projects, carrying out research and influencing policy and practice for over 75 years. We are present in over 70 countries. Plan is currently carrying out research and programmes with communities, CSOs, research and implementation partners and governments to contribute to the eradication of modern day slavery and human trafficking in West Africa and in key hot spots globally.
- We are calling for CSOs Capacity Development Experts for our database for a consultancy contract. We will be looking to draw-down from this database early summer 2019 for deployment on a multi-year DFID programme.
- Strengthening organisational/operational capacity of partner CSOs in Southern Nigeria
- Strengthening technical capacity of partner CSOs to prevent human trafficking from Southern Nigeria
- Providing technical support to CSOs on issues related to implementation and strategic design
- Coordinating programme activities related to CSOs
- Supporting the work of the Fund Manager to ensure smooth fund management
- Working closely with all members of the implementation team to support cross learning and ensure the successful implementation of the whole programme
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences or International Development or related subject
- Master’s in Human Trafficking, Migration and Organised Crime or the Study of Modern Slavery or a related subject
- Desirable experiences and qualifications
- Language skills in any of the main languages spoken in Edo State (Edo, Esan and Okpamheri)
- Previous experience working in Edo State, Nigeria
- Established contacts CSO in Edo State in Nigeria
- Established contacts with relevant, NGO's and other related stakeholders in respect to Human trafficking and Modern Slavery in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- 10 years’ experience working on development programmes aimed at building the capacity of CSOs
- 5 years’ work experience in development programmes of a similar nature such as modern slavery, child labour, migration, human trafficking etc
- Proven track of involvement in DFID-funded projects in a CSO capacity-building role
- Previous experience working in Nigeria and the West African region with established contacts in relevant CSOs
- In-depth knowledge of the complexities of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking, the drivers, actors and affected vulnerable groups
- Thorough understanding of the UK governments PPPP strategy in dealing with Modern Slavery
17th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations/ daily fee rate in your application.