First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Situational Awareness/Operational Environment Standardization
Ref No: 1900003G
Organization: Technology and Services
Job Type: Full-time
- Provide users at all levels and in all operational environments access to and use of the information they need
- Protecting and maintaining the integrity, quality, and availability of information.
- Provide timely and complete Situational Awareness information
- Provide clear, well integrated and enforceable operational policies
- Define standard data and information suitable to support the required level of situation awareness
- Defining, implementing, and enforcing the acceptable use policy
- Proper assessment of the current operations occurring within the Banks network and infrastructure
- Assess potential breakdowns, weak areas or vulnerabilities that can be exploited to maximum effect in crippling the banks system and communicate contingency preparedness and readiness status to management.
- Monitoring of unusual events or occurrences within the Cybersecurity network.
- Implement processes and solutions to ensure the banks flexibility to approach possible threats and mitigate them before they can be successful.
- Determine information security events monitored should be escalated to incidents and follow all applicable incident response and reporting processes and procedures.
- Responsible for tuning and filtering of events and information, creating custom views and content using all available tools following an approved methodology and with approval and concurrence from management.
- Notify the banks and other stakeholders of significant changes in the security threat against the Customer networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods.
- Coordinate with appropriate organizations regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
- Produce reports identifying significant or suspicious security events to appropriate parties. Include latest security threat information and tie back to specific intrusion sets of nation state actors when possible.
- Review and evaluate network modifications and recommend security monitoring policy updates.
- Establish procedures for handling each security event detected.
- Minimum Education: First Degree in computer science/Engineering
Application Closing Date
- Minimum experience - 10 year working knowledge in Information Technology/Information Security.
- Higher Degrees/Professional Certificates
- Working knowledge of PCI DSS
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001
- Information Security Standards, security architecture and practices.
- Good knowledge of network security and encryption models
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online