Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Senior LGA Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN057
Contract Duration: 12 Months
The responsibilities and key assignments for this consultancy in relation to the SHAWN Project in Bauchi Field Office includes the following:
- Support LGA WASH unit/Department in collating the Community Data Sheet (CDS)
- Collects data for situation analysis and monitor the implementation and quality of WASH service in the community, schools and health centres
- In collaboration with LGA WASH Unit, undertake baseline survey in each community of project area and assist in mapping WASH activities through getting accurate coordinates of WASH services to ease identifying gap
- Support LGA to establish and build capacity of WASHCOm members and VLOM to plan and implement the SHAWN-II in rural communities of the self-selected LGAs.
- Support mechanism for involvement of CSOs/NGOs/CBOs and private sector to work with communities to implement, manage and sustain WASH services.
- Support monitoring and conduct physical verification (by independent state verification team or third party) of completed facilities (hand pump boreholes, VIP latrines, etc.) to ensure that quality of construction is conformed to agreed designs and specifications before certification and payment to the contractors.
- Support LGAs and communities to attain ODF through CLTS approach with increased participation of women groups and civil society organizations (CSOs).
- Prepare periodic reports; develop work plans Documentation of process, progress and best practices of the project implementation to support evidence-based advocacy and learning (produce documentaries, human interest stories, case studies, etc.) before the end of project.
- Candidates should possess at least a University degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Public Health, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences or other field related to WASH development assistance.
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of Local language (Hausa)
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the fields highlighted above including knowledge of planning in WASH, coordination of WASH activities, and community mobilization approaches.
- Relevant knowledge of community-based water and sanitation management and hygiene education and experience in CLTS would be an advantage.
- Experience in community dialogue, ability to work at community level and be able to speak the local language
- Team work and negotiation skills on project development issues at community level
- Excellent presentation skills, both in terms of written and oral communication.
- Willingness to travel to rural and semi-urban areas of the country.
- IT skills with ability to generate data, interpret and utilize it for planning
- Ability to work effectively with LGA and WASH Departments/Units
Application Closing Date
- Detailed work plan for the implementation of the consultancy
- Monthly Work plan for implementation of WASH Activities in LGA of responsibility
- Monthly reports of WASH activities implemented within the LGA and progress reports on planned activities from the Field.
- Final consultancy report of all activities carried out.
30th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All the above mentioned reports are to be submitted on time to the WASH Officer of Bauchi Field Office. Performance will be evaluated by the technical Supervisor every three months, or more frequently if found necessary.
- Based on performance, the Facilitator’s tenure will be extended or terminated. In case of termination, the Facilitator will be notified in accordance with organizational guidelines.