Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Steward-Lead
Job Number 19001HQR
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Application Closing Date
- Organize cleaning chemicals and supplies. Organize supply rack, including pots, pans, serving spoons, utensils, etc. Rotate stock, bringing wares from storage bin or areas into kitchen. Complete cleaning checklists to determine appropriate timelines for cleaning and sanitizing. Collect dirty pans from the cooking line and transport to pot station for cleaning. Clean and maintain sanitation areas and organize cleaning supplies including hanging up mops and brooms. Clean and maintain loading dock areas. Clean ceiling, walls, and vents in dish room. Ensure clean wares are stored appropriately. Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online