MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vendor Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The Vendor Manager will be required to maintain relationships within Main One and suppliers, negotiating contracts, creating vendor standards and finding the best available vendors within the region.
Other deliverables include:
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Coordinate all vendor management tasks inclusive of working with external vendors and internal employees.
- Ensure enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished.
- Ensure to track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance.
- Enforce penalties on SLA non-compliance in line with signed contractual agreements
- Stimulate steady process enhancement to present increasing operational efficiency in the entire business.
- Manage Service Billing Dates in order to reduce credit exposures.
- Review and Reconciliation of all vendors invoices and prompt sign-off of vendor related documents as required
- Purchase Order Processing for new orders and ensure timely processing of orders placed with the procurement team
- Ensuring an updated database of the 3rd Party Cost of Sales sheet (updating of new orders +suspension/cancellation of existing orders) in order to effectively track and determine monthly 3rd Party spend.
- Provide adequate information of all 3rd party orders to the Procurement, Finance and Sales team, as well as other cross functional units requiring respective information to enable efficient job functions.
- Support the expansion across new business lines and regions.
- Take ownership of generating and improving vendor status analysis and reports on Vendor Relationship Management activity – KPI’s and dashboards – across the vendor landscape.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business Management or any Social Science degree.
- Years of Experience: 7 years
- Proven track record in a multi-disciplinary IT environment in public or private sector
- Strong commercial acumen including demonstrable external contract or vendor management experience including contract negotiation, including experience in outsourcing managed services.
- Understanding of how to use KPIs/SLA’s and other measures to drive vendor performance
- Understanding the evolving IT/Telecommunications marketplace and how those opportunities and changes fit within the Nigerian Market and understanding how to source for the relevant vendors to help drive more strategic or innovative discussions and decisions
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong influencing skills in order to manage conflicting priorities of key stakeholder.
- Relationship Management
- Time & Self-Management skills
- Exceptional judgment and strong initiative;
- Strong inter-personal and team working skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities;
- Exposure to technical basics would be an added advantage;
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, however proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
Demand on the Job:
Application Closing Date
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Excellent team working ability.
- Applicant must be tenacious, outspoken and firm yet respectful
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and understands task ownership
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online