Busy Minds Consult - Our client, a leading Offshore Logistics company with an exponential growth plan, is seeking the services of an experience professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHEQ Supervisor - Shipyard
Qualification and Experience
- Work closely with and in support of the SHEQ Manager;
- Manage, develop, implement and exercise Shipyard’s SHEQ activities across all sites;
- Oversea, control and maintain inventory of materials/records related to SHEQ activities;
- Maintain appropriate contact and develop good relations with subcontractors and other organizations that can influence and impact upon LADOL’S operation and service;
- Monitor and review workplace practices to ensure compliance with SHEQ legislation, SOP’s/policy and provide recommendations for improvement to management;
- Manage Safety functions in line with business policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure conformance with safety and OHSAS 14001 & 4500:2018 standards and requirements on the base.
- Identify system problems, investigate and recommend solutions.
- Participate in Safety Incident Investigations and Risk assessments
- Motivate and oversee the implementation of Safety improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate and attend regular Safety meetings.
- Perform a monthly H&S inspection at the 8 Ikoyi sites and submit report to the SHEQ Supervisor
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure equipment/infrastructure is maintained that ensures optimum performance;
- Ensure all non-conformances are correctly reported immediately in a formal report including supporting documentation to minimize the company’s risk;
- Undertake SHEQ inspections of all areas to ensure compliance with legal requirements;
- Recommending, designing and facilitating awareness training as appropriate;
- Supervise and monitor the distribution of PPEs and other SHEQ equipment and assets;
- Liaise with other Free Zone department ensuring SHEQ compliance and any documents are correctly submitted and administered as required;
- Ensure equipment is maintained and certificated in cooperation with other business units;
- Produce reports and correspondence utilizing various business software;
- Gathers SHEQ and records statistical information for reporting purposes;
- Conducting regular on-job SHEQ training as directed by Management;
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by your line manager.
- First degree in related field with at least 5 years’ experience in Shipyard environment.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as the title of the mail.
The dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July 2013 - May 2018.