Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Security Officer
Slots: 5 Openings
- To direct and co-ordinate the overall activities of the Asset Protection Function and guarantee the safety of all IBEDC assets at the Regional/ BH level
Qualifications and Requirements
- Liaises with IBEDC head office to ensure security vendors at the Regions are in compliance with terms and conditions of service.
- Monitors adherence to IBEDC security policy at the Regional level and prepare security reports for Functional head
- Conducts security vulnerability assessments and audits - works with external vendors to conduct operational audits of security systems and procedure compliance.
- Assists in forecasting the security Function's logistics requirements and projected costs (Regional level)
- Assists in gathering intelligence around security-related issues and plans appropriate responses to safeguard the operations/assets of the organisation
- Collaborate with Security Liaison and Revenue Task Force Officers at the business Hub level to Carry out detailed investigation of security cases and provide advice to prevent recurrence (across the Regions)
- Schedules, plans and manages logistics for security escort during special operations across the zones
- Ensures timely reporting of security incidents and analyses root-causes of to proffer recommendations for corrective action/preventive measures
- Develops security briefings for communication to all employees across the respective regions (all messages to be endorsed by relevant Functions)
- Collaborates with administrative services to ensure all security protocol is observed within regional Company premises
- Communicates important information to all employees and carries out security related awareness /training sessions at the Regions and B/Hubs
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc or equivalent in any field. Membership of a professional security body is an added advantage CPP
- Required Experience 5 - 7 years
- Good knowledge and proven skills related to physical security operations, standards operating procedures, and security policies and principles
- Good knowledge of contract security requirements and business practices
- Good knowledge of special event security requirements and business practices
- Good knowledge of the most up-todate security and life safety systems, to include but not limited to: CCTV & DVR systems; fire and burglar systems; building access device systems,
- Good knowledge and proven skills in risk and crisis management and related emergency response for incidents that could impact the business environment
18th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
When the page opens, click on "Click Here See Vacancies" and select "Regional Security Officer" to apply accordingly.