AVID HR Consulting is made up of professionals with proven expertise in all the key areas of Human Resource Management. We are a young and dynamic team with over 50 years combined experience in Business and People Management. With the increasingly flexible and constantly changing corporate landscape, our Clients can rely on our dedicated approach to cultivating tailor-made HR solutions specific to their needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drilling Engineer
Industry: Oil & Gas
- Works within a team of Project Manager, In-Country Operation Superintendent, Senior Drilling Supervisor and Well-site Drilling Engineers planning and executing DWEP wells in West Africa as members of a multifunctional project team.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to other less experienced Well-site Drilling Engineers.
- Supports and ensures consistent use and application of drilling engineering tools, programs, processes and standards as well as engineering designs and cost estimates across the Drilling Engineering team assigned to the well.
- Provides in-country drilling engineering support to the In-Country Operation Superintendent during well execution with assistance from the other members of the Drilling Engineering Team and guidance from Project Manager.
- Works with In-Country Operation Superintendent, contractors and office team to develop plans of actions (POA), management of change (MOC), risk assessment and lead in POA discussions if required.
- Assists the In-Country Operation Superintendent in organizing and leading rig site POA reviews and hole section previews with Service Partners and Rig Contractors if required.
- Works with the In-Country Operation Superintendent, other Drilling Engineers, and Service Partners (rig based and shore based) to coordinate timely arrival of equipment and services for upcoming operations. Assist the In-Country Operation Superintendent and provide guidance and prioritization of equipment requirement to Rig Material Coordinator. Communicate upcoming equipment movements with Senior Drilling Supervisor and rig team.
- Supports the In-Country Operation Superintendent and Rig Material Coordinator in updating the 5 & 10 day forecasts.
- Works with In-Country Operation Superintendent to ensure offline activities are optimized and estimated centerline savings are recorded/reported.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- Experience 7+ years oil and gas, with rig-based experience, e.g. previous work as Wellsite Drilling Engineer or Night Drilling Supervisor or Drilling Supervisor
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience working international Deepwater in greater than 5000 ft. water depth.
- Minimum 2 years rig experience on 5th and 6th generation drill ship/semi-sub (dual activity preferred).
- Should have participated in the design and execution of at least 10 international Deepwater wells in greater than 5000 ft. with a minimum of 2 wells in West Africa. Preference for Deepwater Angola experience. Deepwater Gulf of Guinea experience is OK but we will give preference to Deepwater Angola experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online