Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teacher In-Service Specialist
Requisition Number: TEACH01639
Job Type: Full-Time
- Creative is seeking a Teacher In-Service Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children.
- The Teacher In-Service Specialist is responsible for leading the development and implementation of an evidence-based in-service teacher training model for bilingual learning with literacy instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Teacher In-Service Specialist reports to the Teacher Education Advisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Ensure consistent and quality delivery of training at the master training of trainers (TOT) and teacher training levels;
- Collaborate with Materials Development Specialist and Curriculum Development Advisor to contribute to the development of project reading instruction materials;
- Develop TOT manuals and cluster-led training guides to facilitate greater understanding of early literacy pedagogical components and guide implementation of scripted plans and continuous assessments;
- Collaborate effectively with Ministry of Education on training activities while building capacity;
- Ensure all teacher behavior and learning materials are gender-sensitive, respond to needs of children with disabilities, and be respectful of student diversities;
- Manage the outputs and performance of state-based personnel; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
- Master's Degree in education or related pedagogically oriented field;
- At least four (4) years of experience in work specifically to improve education programming directed to rural, ethno-linguistic underserved populations;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of teacher professional development;
- Proven experience developing effective training materials;
- Prior experience with supporting family/community engagement of education outcomes;
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken and English; and
- Fluency in English and other relevant local languages.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.