Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coaching and Mentoring Specialist
Job ref.: COACH01647
Job type: Full-Time
- Creative is seeking a Coaching and Mentoring Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children.
- The Coaching and Mentoring Specialist is responsible for leading the development and implementation of an evidence-based coaching and mentoring model for bilingual learning with literacy instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Coaching and Mentoring Specialist reports to the Teacher Education Advisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Employ a proven coaching protocol and procedure that will be implemented at the school and district level and monitored at the provincial level;
- Effectively train and manage the combination of trainers, reading coaches and teachers;
- Work with trainers/coaches to provide the skills and materials to continually improve, adapt, and cater trainings based on post-test performance data and information on individual teacher performance gathered during coaching sessions;
- Develop coach recruitment and selection criteria, formalize certification of coaches, and work to institutionalize a coach incentive package;
- Collaborate effectively with Ministry of Education on training activities while building capacity.
- Ensure all teacher behavior and learning materials are gender-sensitive, respond to needs of children with disabilities, and be respectful of student diversities;
- Manage the outputs and performance of state-based personnel; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
- Master’s Degree in Education or related Pedagogically oriented field;
- At least four (4) years of experience in work specifically to improve education programming directed to rural, ethno-linguistic underserved populations;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of teacher professional development;
- Proven experience developing effective training materials;
- Prior experience with supporting family/community engagement of education outcomes;
- Professional proficiency in written English; and
- Fluency in English and other relevant local languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.