Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client, one of the leading Law firms in Nigeria that engages in corporate and commercial law and litigation and has offices in three commercial cities of Nigeria – Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
High level legal Advice:
- Lead the provision of high level legal advice and analysis in various areas of commercial legal practice.
- Identify and monitor emerging legal developments and key concerns relating to various areas of legal services.
- Conduct and oversee significant research into legal issues in various areas of legal services.
- Write, edit, and finalise reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas
- Cross check and ensure accuracy and sufficiency of legal advice etc. prepared by junior counsel prior to delivery to clients
- Monitor work flow of junior counsel
- Monitor on time delivery of legal services
- Conduct or ensuring training of newly hired employees
- Be able to step into leadership roles and assume responsibility as the need arises
- Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received
- Case file management: ensuring that case files are updated, accurately, endorsed, neatly stored and readily accessible.
- Growing the existing business with regard to volume, scope , quality and value of mandates
- In coordination with Partners, take the lead in responding to RFPs
- Attending networking events, seminars etc.
- Making client visits and promoting ALP’s business
- Coordinating Marketing Research and Training activities in line with the firms business development strategies and goals
- Supervising and monitoring issuance of invoices, payment of invoicing.
- Approving and monitoring expenses to be incurred by Junior counsel
- Policy development and implementation
- Develop procedures and policy manuals from time to time
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent application of policy across the organization, including by contributing to quality control functions.
- Ensure maintenance of ALP’s policy database.
- Contributing to development of the organization’s strategic and operational plans;
- Drafting and/or editing relevant materials for publication
- Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Partners.
Application Closing Date
- First Degree in Law
- Candidate must possess at least 4/5 years post call-to-bar experience as a legal counsel
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
22nd July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Interested and qualified applicants should please ensure their resumes reflect clearly the following information:
- State and area of residency
- Well written and organized resume with clearly stated bio-data
- Good Educational qualification and class of degree
- All prior and current work experiences must be stated (stability with the employer is paramount)
- The total years of experience should correlate to the years at the bar.