MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Database Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 8
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of databases.
- He or She will also be involved in the planning and development of the database and storage systems in MainOne, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- He or She will evaluate relevant trends and suggest changes, enhancements/ upgrades or eliminations to Main One’s existing environment and provide innovative, reliable and high-quality database solutions for the Company.
The specific responsibilities will include:
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Design/implement data persistence solutions with the right database solution.
- Implementation of best practice guidelines and policies relating to databases as well as capacity planning of databases, storage and backup.
- Ownership of operational stability of business-critical database instances.
- Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
- SQL and DB performance tuning, reporting and forecasting.
- Developing and refining of backup procedures and policy.
- Creating of automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment)
- Working with infrastructure owners to test and verify integrity of data archives.
- Storage management, including storage design, configurations, implementation, additions and consolidations.
- Storage capacity planning and implementation.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support and problem analysis as may be assigned by the manager.
- Managing and supporting the SAN Environment
- Operation and support of data enterprise backup systems
- Scheduling of backup jobs based on documented procedures and schedules.
- Providing improvement feedback on backup procedures and standards.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum BSc Degree in Computer Science or in a related Discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years in Database Administration
- Certification in Oracle and SQL Databases
- Certifications in VMware, EMC and/or other related certifications
- Virtualization/Storage/Back up Technologies is required
- Demands of the Job
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills (at C Level)
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Strong storage design and administration is an added advantage.
- High level of Integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with highly confidential information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online