Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
: Mubi, Adamawa
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 1 year of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: Protection, Emergency NFIs, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods and/ or Mine Risk Education initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyze data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities and evaluate progress.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to DRC /DDG’s mission, values and approach.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Professional qualification at BSc level or above in social science, statistics, livelihoods, protection, or economics
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
DRC as an Employer/Benefits
- Availability: 6months
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Application Closing Date
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development.
23rd August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied. Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations. Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV and applications will be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.